NaNoWriMo #07: a message from deep in NaNoLand

Just a quick update on my NaNoWriMo progress, because, as anyone who is taking part knows, every word I write here is a word that doesn't go into my novel.

So...

On the whole it's going quite well, all things considered. By way of inspiration only (and nothing at all to do with embracing the opportunity to gripe), I'll share with you the sort of month November is for me.

I work more or less full time as a high school teacher and part time for the Open University, lecturing on two courses. For one of these, the first and second assignments come in for marking in November; the other starts in November and in both cases I have tutorials, day schools and etutorials also happening - in November! Along with this, I'm moderating a three week online staff training course.

Meanwhile in school we have sixth form parents' evening this week and a music concert next week. We've also had an extra 'twilight INSET' as well as the usual run of meetings, all on top of the day-to-day planning that goes into the hours spent in the classroom.

At home, the DIY is doing its best to get the better of me and it's Nigel's birthday - on a related note, he's engaged in the (somewhat easier but far less tasteful) task of growing a moustache for Movember - you can view his page / sponsor him here: http://mobro.co/nigelpaice/

Anyway, I'm happy to report that I am on track with my NaNo novel, in that my word count is where it should be by this point in the month, although I'm aiming for a little more than 50,000 words in total, so much work to do.

As I said earlier, I tell you all this by way of inspiration; if you've fewer excuses than I have and you're still lagging behind, then you need to get your **** in gear pronto!

It's worth it, I promise.

[Message Ends]

Comments