2016 Release: 7 With 1 Blow by Caraway Carter

Title: 7 With 1 Blow
Author: Caraway Carter
Language: English
Published: 21st October, 2016
ISBN: Paperback: 978-1-78645-073-9
eBook: 978-1-78645-074-6
ASIN: B01IWVBL42
Category: Fiction
Genre: LGBT, Romance and Relationships, Erotic, BDSM, Adult

BLURB:
When Taylor Little, who styles himself "Dom Seven," is unwillingly taken into custody by the Cadre, he is put between a rock and a hard place. Either he will go to jail for his abuses against the local BDSM community, or he will accept retraining from the bottom up, learning to be a slave before he ever lays a flogger on another human being again.

In this tale of redemption, Taylor must face his demons as he learns to accept his status with mouth, mind, and heart.

WARNING: This story contains scenes of sexual intimacy and BDSM.

REVIEW:
It's not often I read a story where I loathe the main protagonist from the moment he appears on page. I'm not a judgemental person, and I give characters the same chance to prove themselves as I do people in the real world, but when the Cadre took Taylor Little to task, for a while I hoped he'd come to an untimely end, ideally involving a bullwhip. Needless to say, it was going to take quite a significant turn of events for Taylor to redeem himself in my eyes, which also meant some very clever writing was required.

That's what I found in 7 With 1 Blow. It's one of those books where I get too caught up in reading to properly edit, so I had to go through it three times to make sure I'd done my job properly. First time through, I started to warm to Taylor/Boyd around the 75% mark. Second time through, I gave him the benefit of the doubt fairly quickly. Third time, I was psycho-analysing him from the very beginning, and I appreciate the depth of characterisation, which is flawless.

This is NOT a BDSM story, nor a love story. It is, absolutely, a story of redemption. I can't comment on how other readers will get along with the BDSM element; I know only enough to work with stories. But I do know about social interaction and the power of words, and when an author can floor me with three words delivered at exactly the right moment? I remember why I love my job so much.

Buy '7 With 1 Blow': 

Comments